Chemical feeding with Hayward's CAT 2000

Hi to everyone,

First of all, thanx for accepting me in your community and congratulations for the work you do helping and sharing knowledge.

My story is the following: I have a water games in a park and to automate the water PH and ORP levels we have installed a CAT 2000. It's all set up and working, but I have a question regarding the chemical feeding process:

The containers that have the chlorine and the acid, from which the CAT 2000 feeds the water tank, they need to have pure chemical (acid and chlorine alone, respectivelly) or do I need to mix up the chemical with water? If I have to mix it with water, what would be the proportions?

Right now i have them  mixed, but the CAT 2000 is taking too long to reduce the PH levels and never reaches the secure point (the alarm light is always on).

I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of Pool Genius Network to add comments!

Join Pool Genius Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In general I leave the chemicals undiluted in the drums.  Safer to not have to mix chemicals. If you have to mix the acid I would run no more diluted than 4 parts water to 1 part acid.  important to put the water in first and wear the proper PPE as well. 

With the CAT you can adjust the time on the pH and ORP feeds before it goes into overfeed mode and trips the alarm.  Depending on the size of the body of water, you may even disable this feature.  

Secondly, check the feed pumps.  It is possible that they are not sized properly, or maybe some parts are worn out and need replacement.  

If the pH level never hits setpoint I am inclined to say the feed pump is a bit undersized, or that the acid is too dilute.  

This reply was deleted.